- The Yaiba Kusanagi CT-3X is the fastest, and unsurprisingly, the most expensive motorcycle, originally built in collaboration with the Arasaka Corporation. Its sleek, aerodynamic frame conceals a wickedly powerful engine. Ideally, anyone riding one should be chipped with reflex boosters to avoid flying into a traffic light at 100MPH when making a sharp turn. The Kusanagi is a favorite among gangers, especially the Tyger Claws.
- "V. In your line of work, one must be quick and punctual. Since you seem to struggle with both, I figured you could use a motorcycle. If you can have only one, let it be the best - the Yaiba Kusanagi. I happen to have one for sale. Buy it and you will not regret it." - Wakako Okada
The bike made its debut in the E3 2077 gameplay demo. An image and description were later revealed in Famitsu magazine (see Gallery below).
The game's official Twitter account also posted an image of the cycle with the caption, "Catching a break with Yaiba Kusanagi..."
- During the main job Never Fade Away, a Kusanagi is used by Rogue as a getaway vehicle.
- Despite being called numerous times "the most expansive motorcycle", the Kusanagi has in fact the lowest price by far of any purchasable motorbike.
- The name "Kusanagi" is a reference to the protagonist of Ghost in the Shell, Major Motoko Kusanagi.
- During the course of development the Yaiba Kusanagi was shown off in multiple trailers, magazines, and official art pieces.
- CD Projekt RED. Cyberpunk 2077. Video Game, Multi-Platform. Poland, CD Projekt S.A., 2020.