|“||By now, I don't even see the bodies as people. I see them as either parts or pickups.||„|
— Trauma Team member
Trauma Team International is a corporation that specializes in rapid response medical services. As the premium paramedical franchise, Trauma Team™ is one of the most powerful corporations of the 21st century.
In 2020, Trauma Teams boasted over a dozen Trauma Teams on call at any time in any major city. Made up of the best paramedical techs and staff available, the teams comprised of a driver, two security officers, a senior Medtechie, and an assistant, all traveling within a heavily armored AV-4 supported by mobile tanker trucks and ground refueling stations. The AV-4 itself carries the most sophisticated reviving and life support technology available to the corporation, such as a mobile cryotank.
Summoned by dialing 911 on any phone, Trauma Teams automatically bill the caller from the moment the call is made until delivery to the hospital, tracing the origin of the call to its source. Deadman transmitters also exist, such as credit cards known as Trauma Cards able to be bent in half with a 20-mile signal, allowing Trauma Team response within the moment the victim falls into a comatose state. Trauma cards are able to be transferred so long as the owner of the card is present to sign off upon Trauma Team arrival.
In the event of a Trauma Team alert, the nearest team goes airborne and hones in on the last known location of the caller. The pilot drops in as close as possible, and the security officers secure the area should a firefight occur or be ongoing when they arrive, utilizing their weapons or the AV-4's twin autocannon. Once the patient is loaded onto the AV-4, they're hooked up to life support and biomonitors, as well as cryogenically stabilized. Surgery is performed on the most crucial wounds, while a specialist uses various methods to heal the patient, as the pilot takes the AV-4 to the nearest emergency room. This process takes approximately 4 minutes.
While responsible for reviving and stabilizing any critically wounded patients, Trauma Teams are under no obligation to transport casualties to a hospital. With rates of 100 Eurodollars per minute, most Trauma Team services are part of Corporate group insurance policies, or individual TT International accounts, with 500 Eb monthly premiums.
Business Model (2020) Edit
Full Body Life Coverage Edit
This plan costs either $500 per month, or $5,550 with a yearly plan discount.
In the event that a Trauma Team is dispatched, the customer/patient also had to pay E$100 for every minute until arrival at the nearest corporate hospital. Finally, the customer/patient also has to pay for the cost of all ammunition that the Trauma Team fired, all of the fuel that was used, and has to pay for any equipment or personnel damage.
If the Trauma Team is not able to reach the customer within 10 minutes, the customer/patient receives 50% off the cost of spent ammunition.
Corporate Coverage / Corporate Executive Coverage Edit
The Corporate Coverage plan costs $1,500 per month, or $16,500 with a yearly plan discount.
The Corporate Executive Coverage plan costs $12,000 per month, or $120,000 with a yearly plan discount.
These plans promise a response time of 7 minutes. The customer/patient is taken to a corporate medical center upon pickup. The customer/patient still has to pay for equipment or personnel damage.
The executive plan covers all ammo and fuel costs, but the customer/patient still has to pay for any equipment or personnel damage.
High Priority Coverage Edit
This plan costs $34,000 per month and does not have a yearly rate.
This plan comes with a gold Trauma Team Inc. card. The response time for this plan is 3-to-5 minutes, which Trauma Team claims is the fastest in the business. Once the customer/patient is picked up, they will be taken to a corporate hospital instead of a medical center. All ammunition and fuel costs are covered, but the customer/patient still has to pay for any equipment or personnel damage.
Operations during the Time of the Red (2045)Edit
Due to the collapse of many corporations during and after the Fourth Corporate War, Trauma Team suffered like many large corporations did. By 2045, Trauma Teams are now independent franchise-owned groups patrolling cities and responding to insured victims. Operating from an AV-4 Urban Assault Vehicle of ambulance configuration and a belly-mounted minigun, Trauma Teams include a driver, a First Aid operative, and two or more Solo security agents, as well as a Dispatcher.
Business Model (2077) Edit
In the Cyberpunk 2077 mission Breaking Through, Trauma Team client Sandra Dorsett is shown to have a "Platinum" level membership. Advertising materials for Trauma Team visible in a megabuilding lobby promise a 3-minute response time, apparently having improved since 2020.
Trauma Team Squads Edit
Each Trauma Team squad consists of:
- An Aerodyne pilot
- An Aerodyne co-pilot and gunner
- 2x Security Specialists
- A lead EMT (Emergency Medical Technician)
- An assistant EMT
Each trauma team squad has their own TTI Medical AV-4A, a light-weight Aerodyne made of composite materials. The pilot mans the AV-4A, while the co-pilot mans the vehicle's front-mounted gatling gun. The pilot and co-pilot do not leave the Aerodyne during patient extraction, and their cockpit is kept separate from the rest of the vehicle.
During flight, two Security Specialists sit in the same compartment as the EMTs. The security specialists sit directly behind the pilot and co-pilot, and each of them mans a 7.62 Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW) machine-gun mounted to their side of the vehicle. The EMTs sit toward the back of the vehicle, with the Lead EMT sitting next to the patient stretcher and the Assistant EMT sitting next to the medical supplies.
During patient extraction, the two EMTs and two Security Specialists disembark from the AV-4A and make their way to the patient to rescue them. If necessary, the two Security Specialists will clear a path to the patient for the EMTs using their rifles and submachine guns. Each EMT is armed with a pistol for self-protection.
Notable Employees Edit
- Main article: Trauma Team Members
- ↑ Cyberpunk 2020 Sourcebook p.119: "Trauma Team Inc.: One of the most powerful Corporations of the Cyber Age is the Trauma Team™; a bonded and licensed paramedical franchise operating throughout the U.S., Canada and parts of Europe. These crack ambulance units are specifically designed to get to the scene of a fatality within seven minutes (or your money back)."
- ↑ Cyberpunk 2020 Sourcebook p.119: Trauma Team's crews are made up of the best paramedical techs and staff available. The teams are usually made up of a driver, a senior Medtechie, an assistant and two security officers. They normally travel in a heavily armored AV-4 aircraft, supported by mobile tanker trucks and ground refuelling stations. A Trauma Team AV-4 contains the most sophisticated revivication and life support technology available, including a mobile cryotank to lower the body temperature to approximately 24 degrees F, (the optimum temperature to prevent hemorrhaging, shock, and brain swelling)."
- ↑ Cyberpunk 2020 Sourcebook p.119: Trauma Teams™ can be summoned by dialing 911 on any phone, and are equipped to trace the origin of any phone call to its source. (You're billed from the moment you call, until delivery to the Hospital.) You may also opt to carry a deadman transmitter, which will activate and automatically signal a Trauma Team the moment your brainwave pattern falls into a coma state. The most common transmitter is in the form of a plastic credit card, which is activated by bending the card in half, and has a range of 20 miles. Trauma cards can be transferred between members of a group as long as the card's owner is present to sign the charges off when the Team arrives."
- ↑ Cyberpunk 2020 Sourcebook p.119-120: There are usually a dozen or more Trauma Teams on call at any time in a major city. Immediately after receiving an alert, the nearest Trauma Team™ unit goes airborne, their sophisticated tracking equipment homing in on the last known location of the patient. The pilot (who is skilled enough to set his six-ton AV-4 on top of a parked car if need be), drops in as close as possible. If the firefight is still going on, the security team secures the area (using the AV's twin autocannon or their own personal weapons). The medtechs load the patient on board, shunting his life support to the onboard heart-lung machines, plugging him into onboard biomonitors, and chilling his body down in the refrigerated tank for stabilization. Rapid surgery is performed on the spot for the most crucial wounds, while the med specialist uses a combination of electroshock, drugs, and manual resuscitation to get the patient on-line again. The pilot slams down on the throttles and the AV-4 rockets skywards on a pillar of exhaust, headed for the nearest emergency room. The entire process may have taken all of four minutes from start to finish."
- ↑ Cyberpunk 2020 Sourcebook p.120: As a privately owned concern, Trauma Teams™ are not under any obligation to transport a casualty to a hospital, although they are responsible for reviving and stabilizing critically wounded patients. Trauma Team fees are exceedingly steep ($100 per minute), the best method of offsetting their exorbitant costs is to either carry Trauma Team services as part of a Corporate group insurance policy, or to establish an account with TT International, paying a premium of $500 in advance each month for continued service."
- ↑ Cyberpunk Red Worldbook p.33: "Trauma Teams: Trauma Team was a major service Corporation before the war. Since then, independent franchises have maintained groups of licensed Paramedics who patrol the city responding to the calls of accident victims who subscribe to their service. They usually operate from an AV–4 Urban Assault Vehicle, redesigned into an ambulance configuration and armed with a belly–mounted minigun. A typical Trauma Team includes a driver (can be a Fixer or Solo, although Nomad is best), one or more Characters with the First Aid Skill, and two or more Solos acting as “security.” The team may also have a Dispatcher (usually a Fixer but possible a Netrunner) in charge of sending them on their missions."
PONDSMITH, M. Cyberpunk 2020. 2nd ed. Berkeley CA; R.Talsorian Games, 1990.
Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit World Book. Talsorian Games, 2019