Samurai is a legendary chrome rock band featured in Cyberpunk 2077 for whom music was a way to rebel and fight the system. The famous band Samurai was discovered in 2003 by Jack Masters, an executive at Universal Music. Jack signed the band after seeing them play at the Rainbow Cadenza, a backstreet bar in Night City.
Samurai started as a backstreet bar band, playing various clubs in Night City, such as the Palladium, Destiny, and Nexus. One night at the Rainbow Cadenza, a wild eyed, dorph looking person approached Johnny and Kerry wanting to book their act. Naturally, Samurai thought this guy was so high on dorphs that he was talking nonsense, until he gave Johnny his card. The man was none other than Jack Masters, the head of Universal Music. Within three weeks, Samurai were signed to Universal, had a record in production and were preparing to tour every major city in the world. It took Samurai, only three weeks to achieve their first number one hit on the EuroRadio charts with their single “Blistering Love”, followed by their debut album two weeks later.
Samurai split up in 2008. Nancy went to jail for seven months for throwing her abusive husband out of their 83rd story apartment window. The band firmly supported Nancy but the seven month lull proved they were each going different creative directions. Henry (Henry the bass player) went to work on a human interface prototype. An accident fried his brain and he's had to rebuild his mind. Denny (the drummer) joined a band called Mastermind. Nancy change her name to Bes Isis and later became a major media presence on network 54. Johnny Silverhand and Kerry Eurodyne went onto successful solo careers, often touring together as a double ticket.
- Johnny Silverhand (vocals and lead/rhythm guitar) - Veteran of the Central American Conflict and influential Rockerboy, the lead singer of the band Samurai.
- Kerry Eurodyne (vocals and lead/rhythm guitar)
- Denny (drummer)
- Nancy/Bes Isis (keyboardist)
- Henry (bass)
|Dancing With My Axe||A Cool Metal Fire|
|Never Fade Away||A Cool Metal Fire|
|(Out of) the City||A Cool Metal Fire|
|Chippin' In||A Cool Metal Fire|
Associated Items 2077Edit
Only natural that the hit band Smaurai would have merchandise for their numerous fans eager to support their favorite artists and start the revolution. These are the various items that V can equip in Cyberpunk 2077.
- Despite the band being named Samurai, the logo is actually that of an 'Oni' which is a kind of yōkai that appears in Japanese Mythology. The Oni mask that would cover someones face fully were not as popular with samurai as the menpo which covered the lower half of the face.
- Oni (Japanese: 鬼 or おに, meaning "ogre, demon") are monstrous horned humanoids who are found in countless Japanese stories and myths. They tend to be the enemies of mankind, and are generally depicted as roguish villains.
- In Cyberpunk 2077 the band 'Smaurai' is portrayed by 'Refused' a Swedish hardcore punk band originating from Umeå and formed in 1991. Refused is composed of vocalist Dennis Lyxzén, guitarist Kristofer Steen, drummer David Sandström, and bassist Magnus Flagge.
- Samurai's music is real and can be heard in Cyberpunk 2077 and appears on the soundtrack of the game.