|This article is about the profession. For the main job in Cyberpunk 2077, see The Ripperdoc.|
A ripperdoc is a medical practitioner V can visit in Cyberpunk 2077, who can install a variety of cybernetic prostheses, called cyberware. There are many that operate legally, but some conduct illicit deals, such as installing military-grade cybernetics for the right price.
Database Entry (2077)
- A ripperdoc lies between a surgeon, techie and tattoo artist. If you're lucky, you pay them a visit to get yourself chipped with the latest implant on the market because you can afford it. If you're unlucky, a friend will drop you off at their clinic in pieces and hopefully they can put you back together.
- People usually have their favorite clinics and trusted rippers that know their bodies better than they do themselves. It's definitely not worth going out on a limb (no pun intended) and looking for the cheapest deal - especially in Little China or Rancho Coronado, where some asshole will chip you a second or third-hand piece of junk with a nasty virus thrown in free of charge.
- Corps obviously don't have to hunt for the best deals because they have their own corporate rippers. Their high quality services are free, their clinics smell like hospital wards, and they have picture-prefect smiles of braindance stars - the whole package. What's not to like? Unless, of course, you don't trust the people you work for enough to let them have access to your brain.
- City Center
- Unnamed ripperdoc (Downtown)
- Santo Domingo
- Unnamed ripperdoc (West Wind Estate)
Placide refers to ripperdocs as 'chrome shamans'.