|This article is about the Quadra Turbo-R V-Tech. For other variants, see Quadra Turbo-R.|
The Quadra Turbo-R was introduced as America's response to Japanese sports car manufactures. It was designed and built in Detroit, instantly becoming a star in the tuner scene when it was released in the mid 2050s.
The next version introduced in 2058 was named the Turbo-R V-Tech, and featured an improved exhaust system and suspension, quickly earning it the status of cult muscle car. The most recent version, introduced in 2069, never surpassed the legendary Quadra Turbo-R '58 in the eyes of the many car enthusiast.
- What's the difference between the V-Tech and the classic Turbo-R? Well... What's the difference between a diamond and a chunk of coal? The building blocks are the same, but end results couldn't be more different. Quadra's Turbo-R V-Tech is the queen of the road, a car that turns heads even when you're not burning rubber.
The vehicle is powered by CHOOH2, a standard synthetic alcohol fuel.
The V-Tech is rear-wheel drive, with the rear tires larger and wider than its front ones. Additionally, the car's exhaust manifold and air intake are visible on the rear, and its mid-mounted engine can be seen by opening the hood. The vehicle's storage compartment is in the front, and can also be opened initially evidenced by Jackie placing a Militech bot inside of it in the 2018 gameplay reveal.
- Jake Estevez
- V (dependent)
- Jake Estevez (formerly)
The V-Tech was first featured in the 2018 Cyberpunk 2077 E3 trailer, where it was driven by V, and again in the Cyberpunk 2077 48-minute gameplay reveal, where it was owned by Jackie Welles. The game files still mention a V-Tech owned by Jackie.
The car was originally named the "Quadra V-Tech", before it was changed to its current name during the first Night City Wire event. With the name change, a badge reading "Turbo-R" is seen on the right side above the taillights where the car's company name is.
At the end of the E3 2018 trailer, an IP address was briefly shown. Users who entered the IP address in a web browser were brought to a Quadra-themed website, which was the start of the Cyberpunk 2077 ARG.
- The V-Tech is one of the few vehicles in Cyberpunk 2077 (the others being V's Hella EC-D i360 and the Galena "Rattler") that has a sticker of a horse on the rear right side of the car, and a bulldog bobblehead on the dashboard.
- A parked V-Tech can be seen during The Heist. After exiting the elevator to the parking in the last stage of Konpeki Plaza, go right and it will be there.
- In the Nomad lifepath, V obtains a V-Tech car model memorabilia.
- The horse decal is a reference to Roach, Geralt of Rivia's horse in The Witcher series.
- As part of a cross-promotional event with Microsoft, Turn 10 Studios, and Playground Games, the Quadra Turbo-R V-Tech is available in Forza Horizon 4 starting December 11, 2020. To obtain it, one needs to win the "_:NIGHTCITY.exe:_" street race event, which is a one-on-one race against the car itself.
- In this game, the V-Tech is depicted to have a mid-mounted 4.4L twin-turbocharged V10, developing 607 hp and 560 ft-lb of torque. It is said to weigh 2756 lb (1250 kg). Additionally, it is equipped with a rear-biased all-wheel drive system.
- Despite having a unique description, it uses the same as the Quadra Turbo-R 740.