The economy of Night City never relied on oil, but the fields in the north contributed to its origins. In the 1990s, Del Coronado Bay area was identified as a place to build the city by Richard Night because of Petrochem, one of his partners. While Night City was being constructed, the company profitably extracted the oil.
Even after almost a century later, the smoke-filled and highly toxic oilfields are often seen as an irreparable scar which simply disfigures the face of Night City. A silent, but telling reminder of the metropolis' shady beginnings.
- Located to the north of Night City, for all intents and purposes the oil fields should be part of the Badlands - desolate, barren and thoroughly uninhabitable for decades. The oil-soaked land is as dead as can be, and nothing is likely to change that. The decrepit barracks and rusting, skeletal remains of oil drills leave a ghostly impression - especially at night when they're lit up by the flames of oil puddles.
Fast travel points
This sub-district includes the next fast travel points:
- 101 North
- Oil Fields
Behind the scenes
- PIGGYBACK. Cyberpunk 2077 - The Complete Official Guide. Special Edition. Piggyback Interactive, 2020. (pg.55, 365)
- Chippin' In (quest)
- LUDKOWSKI, Ł. Cyberpunk 2077 World Compendium. Manual. Poland, CD Projekt S.A., 2020.
- CD Projekt RED. Cyberpunk 2077. Video Game, Multi-Platform. Poland, CD Projekt S.A., 2020.
- CURRIT, T. The Official Digital Artbook of Cyberpunk 2077. Digital, Online. CD Projekt RED, 2020. (pg.64)