As you approach the main entrance to the Embers club, a message will appear indicating this is a point of no return in the main story. After taking the elevator to the 13th floor, you will no longer be able to free-roam in Night City, and all other quests in your journal will be marked as failed.
As you approach Hanako, who will be playing the piano as you enter, she will stand up and tell you that she knows the location of Mikoshi, beneath Arasaka Tower. Johnny will interrupt you as you sit down at the bar, after which Hanako will state that her brother should be held accountable for the murder of their father, and the Arasaka Corporation should learn the truth of the situation. She suggests a trade in which you confront Yorinobu at a meeting and testify to the actual events, and in exchange she will help to rid you of the construct.
Head back to the elevator and after pressing the button to return to street level, Johnny will stop the elevator and suggest that if you give him control of your body, he can find Mikoshi without Hanako's assistance, by teaming up with Rogue and blasting into Arasaka Tower, as they did in 2023. Just as he finishes explaining his plan, the Relic malfunctions and you black out.
You awaken to find yourself in Viktor's clinic once again, as Viktor explains he had to drag you back from Embers, and after recovering enough to be able to sit up, he gives you his prognosis: that one more Relic malfunction will likely kill you. After standing up, take the last of the pills from the nearby table and, as you are leaving the clinic, Misty will suggest a better place to decide what you should do next - a place which Jackie used to visit when he had an important decision to make.
She leads you to the elevator behind her shop, which you take up to the 9th floor, then up a few more stairs onto the roof of the building. You sit next to her as she briefly reminisces about Jackie, then leaves you alone to talk to Johnny. At this point you will have to make a choice which will affect the ending of the story:
- Think trusting Arasaka's risky but worth it.
- This choice is always available, and leads to Last Caress.
- Gonna ask Panam for help.
- This choice is only available if you completed Queen of the Highway before the point of no return, and leads to We Gotta Live Together.
- Think you and Rogue should go.
- This choice is only available if you completed Blistering Love before the point of no return, and leads to For Whom the Bell Tolls.
Alternatively, if you don't choose one of the above options, made certain dialogue choices during Chippin' In, and wait approximately five minutes, Johnny will suggest another option, which is for you to storm Arasaka Tower by yourself, and leads to (Don't Fear) The Reaper.
If you choose any ending, another option will appear called Could also put this to an end which will lead to the the easy way out ending. Once the player chooses to throw away the pills, V and Johnny have their last talk before V grabs his gun and commits suicide leading to V's end which ends the game, heading over to the credits.
- We both knew this time would come. If we don't think of something quick, you will die - and I'll go with you. It's time for our final meeting.
- Meet Hanako at Embers.
- Talk to Hanako Arasaka.
- Sit with Hanako Arasaka.
- Leave the restaurant.
- Talk to Johnny.
- Talk to Viktor.
- Talk to Johnny.
- Take the pills.
- Leave Viktor's clinic.
- Talk to Misty.
- Follow Misty.
- Take the elevator to the roof.
- Sit by Misty.
- Talk to Johnny.
- Decide what comes next.
- Just prior to sitting next to Misty on the roof of her shop is the last point at which you can save the game before choosing which ending will play out.
- The title of this job is a reference to Nocturne in F minor, Op. 55, No. 1 by Polish composer Frédéric Chopin. When you enter Embers during this quest, this is the piece Hanako Arasaka is playing on the piano.
- The side job, The Beast in Me will not be marked as failed in the journal after the point of no return.