The Cyberpunk Series is a pen & paper RPG created by Mike Pondsmith and published by his company, R. Talsorian Games Inc. It was created in 1988 and was heavily inspired by the novels of Phillip K. Dick and William Gibson, and in particular the 1982 film Blade Runner.
The Cyberpunk Series is set in an alternate future in which crime is at an all time high, murder is a common sight on the streets, and the corporations have become more powerful than world governments. The core series is set in Night City, a fictional west-coast metropolis situated between Los Angeles and San Francisco. It is here where players act out their own custom campaigns as characters in a variety of roles and engage in the deadly Friday Night Firefight combat system. Night City is home to a variety of vicious Gangs, Corporations, organizations and famous celebrities. After a lengthy hiatus, the series will continue in the form of the video game, Cyberpunk 2077, by CDProjekt Red.
Canonical Series Edit
The main canonical series is authored or co-authored by Mike Pondsmith, is an officially licensed product by R. Talsorian Games that takes place within the series or developed as part of the video game series by CDProjekt Red.
- Cyberpunk: The Roleplaying Game of the Dark Future – Also known as Cyberpunk 2013. Published in 1988.
- Cyberpunk 2020 – The second edition published in 1990, also published were numerous supplementary books.
- Cyberpunk Red – The third edition of the pen & paper RPG written by Mike Ponsmith.
- Cyberpunk 2077 – The upcoming video game developed by CDProjekt Red.
Revised Timeline Canon Edit
- Cyberpunk V3.0 – Also known as 203X. Previous published as the sequel to 2020, it has since been removed from the canon
- Firestorm Series